DR416i Rotary Blasthole Drill
Sandvik DR416i blasthole drill delivers a single-pass capacity of 21m (69ft), the longest single-pass mast in its class along with a maximum depth of 42.4 m (139 ft) across all recommended pipe diameters. Intended for large-diameter rotary drilling, (270–406 mm/105/8–16 in) Sandvik DR416i combines power and intelligence, taking the guesswork out of daily operation and delivering a reliable high-yielding production environment.
Bigger. Smarter. Stronger.
Sandvik DR416i is AutoMine® ready providing functionality for both on-board and off-board automated needs. This scalable solution, from on-board automation that increases drilling efficiency to full autonomous operation, is designed to meet customer needs both now and in the future.
- Sandvik Intelligent Control System Architecture (SICA) provides the operator with real-time feedback regarding the machine’s performance and health, along with tools for drill planning, reporting and analysis, improving availability and productivity
- Onboard automated features such as Auto Drill and Auto Cycle ensure consistency hole-to-hole while Auto Mast and Auto Level functions ensure consistent operations and reduce wear on structural weldments
- Patented deck wrench allows bit change in conjunction with optional remote-control crane, eliminates manual bit handling enhancing operator safety
- Traveling centralizer reduces drill pipe wobble, producing straighter holes, extending component life, reducing unplanned maintenance
- Ergonomic cab design features a swivel-enabled operators seat with integrated joysticks, large, easy-reach touch screens and keypads enable effortless access to machine settings, while the extra-large drillers window offers a full unobstructed view of the drill table.
- 360-degree open-design catwalk system improves access to frequent maintenance areas, speeding maintenance routines and reducing chance for injury
|Engine power||1,118 kW (1,500 hp)|
|Max hole depth||Up to 42.4 m (139 ft)|
|Dimension mast up (L-W-H)||18.2 x 9.27 x 32,1 m (59 ft 8 in x 30 ft 5 in x 105 ft 5 in)|
|Dimension mast down (L-W-H)||31 x 9.27 x 9.35 m (101 ft 10 in x 30 ft 5 in x 30 ft 8 in)|
|Hole diameter||270 - 406 mm (10 ⅝ - 16 in)|
|Operating weight (empty)||195,707 kg (431,460 lb)|
|Rotary head||90 rpm / 25,760 Nm (19,000 ft lb)
Maximum rpm / torque
|First pass depth (single-pass)||21 m (69 ft)|
|Compressor standard||109 m3 per min / 3,850 cfm @ 5.5 bar / 80 psi|
|Weight on bit||703 kN (158,000 lb)|
|Max. pull down force||534 kN (120,000 lb)|
*Consult factory for options and alternate power group arrangements