MT721 Roadheader for tunneling
Sandvik MT721 is an electrically powered and crawler-mounted boom-type roadheader which is engineered to cut hard and abrasive rock mass of up to 140 MPa unconfined compressive strength (UCS), and in extreme cases of even up to 180 MPa in tunneling applications. This extremely powerful 100+ tons-class roadheader has a powerful transversal cutter head mounted on an extremely robust telescopic boom.
Need to know more?
Sandvik MT721 has an extended field of operation for mechanized tunnelling in hard and abrasive rock formations. The robust stabilized telescopic cutter boom is ideal for optimum cutting power application, maintaining high productivity together with energy efficiency, which lowers overall operating costs.
The MT721 is available as PLC (Programmable Logical Controller).
- Optimized, transverse cutter heads and ICUTROC cutting technology for highly effective and cost efficient rock cutting
- Very robust track assembly for perfect cutting stabilization and fast tramming speed (15 m/min)
- Closed, FOPS-approved operator's cabin for operator comfort and safety
- A high number of digital features for ease of operation and highly effective control of tunneling work
- Optional on-board cable reel or diesel power pack for quick and easy relocation
|Cutter motor power||300 kW|
|Cutting height (max)||6,600 mm|
|Dimension (L-W-H)||19,400 x 4,560 x 5,030 mm|
|Ground pressure||0.25 MPa|
|Installed power||522 kW|
|Loading capacity||350 m3/h|
|Cutting width (max)||9,100 mm|
|Max. tram speed||15 m/min|