The global shortage of raw materials inspired the Sandvik scrap recycling program, an initiative that addresses today’s increasing environmental concerns while also benefiting customers' bottom line.
Sandvik make recycling on worn-out solid carbide tools as easy as possible, with convenient collection at customers operation. Together, with our customers, Sandvik will reduce the environmental impacts of tool production. It’s good for business and the environment.
Convenient collection points are arranged at your own operation, and you will receive a market price for the used tools. We recycle the carbide material in compliance with the most stringent environmental and safety standards certified according to ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001).
Finally, the recycled carbide will be given new life in the form of new cemented carbide products. This benefits both your business and the environment.
- Available for all customers and future customers worldwide
- Environmentally friendly recycling process, carbon dioxide emissions are reduced by 40 percent
- Cost recovery and reduced wast disposal
- Money received for recycled material
- Cemented carbide rock tools from all manufacturers are accepted
- Simple procedures
- Lower nitrous oxide emissions
- Use of hazardous chemicals is virtually eliminated
- Less waste