Ranger™ DX500 Surface top hammer drill rig
Ranger™ DX500 is a hydraulic, self-propelled, self-contained and crawler-based surface rig with an ergonomic, high-visibility cabin and a rod handling system.
Ranger™ DX500 has a revolving superstructure providing the power, precision and versatility required for construction, quarrying, or surface mining operations.
The equipment has been designed to prioritize operator safety, with a ROPS and FOPS certified cabin, as well as maintaing stability even in the toughest conditions. Ranger™ DX500 also features a number of measures to ensure maintenence downtime is kept to a minimum, and when it is required, it's easier to carry out.
- Excellent stability even on uneven terrain
- Drilling coverage of 17.6 m² (optionally 26.4 m²) 12 hours continuous drilling
- Rock Pilot+ drilling control system allows for greater accuracy
- High suction capacity dust collectors keep equipment cleaner, meaning less downtime for maintenance
- Advanced boom design enables higher productivity
- ROPS- and FOPS-certified safety cabin
|Recommended hole diameter||51 - 89 mm (2 – 3½ in.)|
|Drill rod / tube diameter||32, 38 or 45 mm (1¼, 1½ or 1¾ in.)|
|Hydraulic rock drill||HL510, 15.5 kW (21 hp)|
|Engine||Caterpillar C7.1, 168 kW (225 hp) / 1 800 rpm (Tier 3 / Tier4F)|
|Flushing air capacity||6.2 m³/min, up to 10 bar|
|Operator cabin||Ergo cool|
|Certificate||ROPS and FOPS|
|Transport Length||7.2 m / 10.7 m (24 / 33 ft)|
|Transport Width||2.5 m (8 ft)|
|Transport Height||3.6 m / 3.2 m (12 / 11 ft)|
|Weight||15,200 kg / 33,510 lb|