Dino™ DC420Ri Surface top hammer drill rig
Dino™ DC420Ri is a hydraulic, crawler based surface drilling unit for 51 to 76 mm (2 to 3”) hole sizes. The compact yet robust machine offers mobility and stability for working in urban construction sites, as well as for demanding quarry and infrastructure applications. Dino™ DC420Ri delivers the largest coverage area in its class.
Need to know more?
Outstanding drilling performance
Dino™ DC420Ri is an agile all-terrain drill rig offering solid drilling power. The 14 kW RD414 rock drill, advanced iSeries iTorque control system and up to 18 square meters (193 sq ft) coverage area add up to a cost-effective and productive solution for demanding jobs. The optional carousel cassette for three rods enables continuous drilling up to 14 meters.
Dino™ DC420Ri is equipped with a wider carrier for maximum stability and powerful tracks with great tramming power. The rigid and extensive boom with a patented collaring guide offers stability and accuracy and more drilling hours from one single setup.
Ease of control
Dino™ DC420Ri is entirely remotely controlled. The drill rig has an intelligent control system and an up-to-date user interface, including a standard 7” onboard touchscreen colour display for scanning and tracking operations easily. The onboard screen has easy diagnostics with all information and adjustment functions in one place – enabling effective monitoring and changing machine functions.
- Stage V's latest fuel saving systems to cut down fuel consumption
- Drilling performance with stabilised RD414 rock drill and boom with longest reach of its size
- Wider carrier for maximum stability
- High quality holes with patented collaring guide
- Ease of maintenance: access to daily service points at ground level and an onboard screen for diagnostics
- Small transportation dimensions
|Recommended hole diameter||51 - 76 mm (2 - 3 in.)|
|Drill rod / tube diameter||32, 35, 39 mm|
|Hydraulic rock drill||Sandvik RD414, 14 kW (19 hp)|
|Engine||Volvo Penta TAD580VE (Stage V)|
|Flushing air capacity||3.5 m³/min, up to 8 bar|
|Transport length||6.6 m (21.7 ft)|
|Transport width||2.45 m (8.03 ft)|
|Transport height||2.8 m (9.2 ft)|
|Weight||abt. 11,000 kg (24,250 lbs)|
Options for customizing
A range of options available for Dino™ DC420Ri offer even more possibilities to customize the rig for various applications.
- 3-rod carousel cassette: Improve your productivity by drilling holes up to a depth of 14 meters.
- Feed auto-align: Minimize set-up times with the feed auto-aligning option, which maintains the alignment of the feed beam at the preset angle.
- Hydraulic roll-over: The hydraulic roll-over offers extra flexibility to use the drill rig also for bolt hole drilling.
- TIMi + MySandvik Insight. The new control system enables the use of the TIMi aligning and inclination system as well as the SanRemo remote monitoring service/My Sandvik Insight.
- Remote screen interface. Duplicate the drilling control display on a remote screen attached to the control panel.