Sandvik launches the xSeries family of Rotary and DTH drills
The xSeries family is built upon the proven design, and legendary reliability of our diesel-powered rotary blast hole drills and features added intelligence & improved operator ergonomics, providing operators with the right balance of reliability and technology to drill the drill the perfect hole safely.
Easy to learn, operate and service the xSeries offers a migration path to the iSeries should the customers business needs dictate.
Additional highlights of the xSeries include:
- Touch screen GUI interface featuring the Sandvik Automation Module (SAM) offering the following options.
- Health monitoring system – replaces old style shutdown switches and enables continuous, real-time measurement, allowing the operator to take the necessary actions in advance of any alarm situation.
- Same hardware and software components as our i-Series machine including a 7” mobile grade rugged touch screen and latest generation PLC.
- Improved user experience – enhanced control system features (as found with our i-Series machines) reduce troubleshooting time and increase availability. Familiar Sandvik “look and feel” graphical user interface reduces the learning
- CMS (Compressor Management System) Lite electronic controlled compressor system
- Oversize driller’s window offers a superb view of the drill table during operation and improved visibility during
- Bolt-on mast locks eliminate cutting and welding, making mast change-outs
- Swivel-enabled operators seat with integrated electrohydraulic controls simplifies operation and offers improved visibility of operating environment
“For decades, customers have counted on Sandvik to develop the most durable products in the market – rigs that will be able to work at a mine site for decades,” said Jacques Britz, Vice President, Surface Pedestal Drills, Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology. “In developing the xSeries, we’ve taken our customers’ feedback into our research and development efforts and are proud of the newest addition to our product line.”
Alachua, Florida USA January 24, 2019
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2017, the Group had approximately 43,000 employees and sales of 91 billion SEK in more than 150 countries within continuing operations.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking and demolition. In 2017, sales were approximately 37 billion SEK with about 15,000 employees in continuing operations.