Durability and accuracy with new screening media from Sandvik
The all-new Sandvik WX6500 screening media, introduced at the Steinexpo show in Germany, August 30th to September 2nd, is a dependable, flexible screening media with a low environmental footprint. Offering unmatched uptime, it is designed to meet customers' increasingly challenging production and cost targets.
It sorts like steel—lasts like rubber.
Sandvik WX6500 screening media has the same accuracy as wire mesh at 2–32 mm separations. It offers everything a rubber media can, from 10 times the product life to easy delivery as a lightweight roll. Installed in barely half the time, it does the same job as mesh—but with less blinding, less pegging, fewer inspections, and a fraction of the media changes.
- Fewer media changes - With ten times the durability of wire mesh, Sandvik WX6500 gets changed significantly less often, so customers experience far less screen downtime.
- High sizing accuracy: 2–32 mm - Sandvik WX6500 has the same accuracy as wire mesh. For the very first time, customers can choose a rubber media for fine screening.
- Less blinding and pegging - The thinness and flexibility of the material prevents the blinding and pegging associated with wire mesh. Sandvik WX6500 gets customers the end product they want—the first time through the screen.
- Fewer operating stops - Because Sandvik WX6500 blinds and pegs less, customers avoid frequent media inspections. They spend less time on troubleshooting and replacements and more time producing.
- Only two dimensions needed - Sandvik WX6500 has all the advantages of rubber screening media, but none of the complexity. The length and width of the screen deck are all that is needed for a perfect fit.
Focusing on high separation efficiency and long service life, Sandvik has high-quality screening media to fit customers' particular operations. Sandvik screens offer superior wear protection to meet high demands with regard to accuracy, clean air, efficient production, and uptime. The unique Sandvik offering makes screening media available in almost any size, thickness, and aperture shape, with patterns tailored to customers' needs.
Svedala, Sweden, July 2017
For more information contact:
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2016, the Group had approximately 43,000 employees and sales of 82 billion SEK in more than 150 countries within continuing operations.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking and demolition. In 2016, sales were approximately 31 billion SEK with about 14,000 employees in continuing operations.